How to Use Xbox One Kinect as a Microphone or Recording Device


Gone are the days of the Xbox microphone. No longer do we have to rely on a cheaply made piece ofzplastic as the connection between ourselves and the world of Xbox Live. With the Xbox One, Microsoft introduced and allowed the ability to use your Xbox One Kinect as a microphone. You can use the Kinect Microphone in games, over Skype, and even to record voice-overs of captured videos in Upload Studio. To test this functionality, I recently did a voice-over/commentary piece on a new Titanfall Beta Gameplay video I uploaded:



As you can tell, the voice recording feature is actually of surprisingly high quality. Even given the fact that my Xbox One Kinect is 5 feet away in a room with 12-15 foot ceilings. The echo is there, but its minimal at its worst and honestly isn't any worse than some microphones I've tested over the years.

You can use the Xbox One Kinect for a variety of applications including:
  • Games
  • Skype
  • Upload Studio
  • And more...
I'll be updating this post with more screenshots (possibly a video?) on how to activate the Kinect mic once I get my Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition to agree with my MacBook and Sharp TV!

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more stuff and a sneak peak of my lastest project (http://www.youtube.com/RackemTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment